In operating rooms, intensive care units, and critical care areas, having an isolated power system through a Hospital Isolation Panel is important. This system ensures a reliable and high-quality energy supply to vital medical elements and equipment such as:
- Surgical Lighting:
Adequate lighting is crucial in operating rooms to enable optimal visualization during surgical procedures. Power supplied through an isolated power system guarantees a constant energy supply to surgical lamps, preventing unexpected interruptions that could affect the precision and safety of procedures. It also helps prevent potential leakage currents from reaching the patient through indirect contact.
- Monitoring and Life Support Equipment Connected to Patients through Electrodes and/or Catheters:
When monitoring and life support equipment, crucial for patient care in critical areas, are powered by an isolated power system, continuous energy supply is ensured. This reduces the risk of failures and ensures that devices operate optimally at all times.
- HVAC and Ventilation Systems in Direct Contact with Patients:
Proper temperature and fluid quality control are paramount in critical hospital areas to maintain patients in a safe and comfortable environment, facilitating medical interventions or procedures. These systems need to be powered by an isolated power system to ensure uninterrupted and safe operation, preventing exposure to leakage currents, inappropriate temperatures, and the spread of contaminants or fluid degradation.
- Mobile or Fixed Imaging Systems in Critical Areas:
Equipment such as portable X-rays, C-arms, lasers, among others, might occasionally come into contact with the patient, and malfunction could endanger them. Hence, in critical areas, they should be connected to the respective isolated power systems.
Importance of Power Supply through an Isolated Power System:
- Patient Safety: Supplying critical elements and equipment through an isolated power system reduces the risk of interruptions, microshocks, macroshocks, or energy fluctuations, ensuring safe and precise medical care.
- Regulatory Compliance: Hospitals and medical facilities are subject to specific regulations and norms concerning electrical safety. Implementing an isolated power system to supply critical elements and equipment guarantees compliance with these standards, reinforcing patient and medical staff safety, and preventing potential legal liabilities for non-compliance.
- Efficient Operation: An isolated power system provides greater stability and energy quality, resulting in more efficient operation of medical equipment and devices. This not only improves result accuracy and reliability but also reduces the possibility of errors or malfunction due to electrical supply issues, thanks to real-time monitoring provided by certified UL1047 and UL1022 isolation line monitors.
In critical hospital areas, supplying elements and equipment through an isolated power system is important to ensure patient safety and efficient functioning of medical personnel.
At IASS INGENIERÍA, we possess the technical expertise and willingness to assist you in your installation and hospital project. Contact us!